These are just some examples of Hounslow CABx Service local campaigns to bring about change:
- Housing problems, particularly homeless clients unable to find a landlord willing to accept Housing Benefit.
- Landlords still not protecting the deposit.
- Homeless clients placed by the Local Authority in another borough not being informed to claim Council Tax Support in that borough, ending up with bailiffs chasing them for Council Tax arrears.
- Clients with mental health issues needing social care support in the borough but often not being able to access this.
- Long delays in benefits decisions made by local and national agencies, particularly involving Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Tax Credits and disability benefits like Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
- Welfare Tribunal appeals during Christmas. A large number of clients sought help from our bureaux in December with Welfare Tribunal hearings falling on the last week of December or the first week of January. Representation agencies were closed during that period or severely short of staff.
Speak to your MP and local Councillors.
Find your local MP:http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
Feltham and Heston
Seema Malhotra MP
Surgery details: by appointment only
Telephone:020 7219 8957
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Brentford & Chiswick
Hounslow Civic Centre
Research and Campaign
The problems that affect you affect all of us. We campaign to influence policymakers in order to bring about changes to unfair laws and policies, for a better society.More here...