We are currently have 1 new vacancy.
Salary: £24,000 inclusive OLW
Hours: 5 days (37.5 hours) per week
At Citizens Advice Hounslow we are looking for a Generalist Adviser with the flexibility to work from our offices and outreach venues. Citizens Advice Hounslow is a well-respected charity, operating in the London Borough of Hounslow. Thanks to our amazing team of staff and volunteers, we support around 8000 clients a year through our face to face, phone and digital services.
You should have:
- at least one year full-time or part-time equivalent, recent and on-going experience of advice work
- good knowledge of key subjects such as welfare benefits debt and housing at adviser level;
- the ability to work out benefit calculations and better off calculations in a system where Universal Credit and legacy benefits operate alongside.
- the ability to meet deadlines and manage your workload in a pressured environment
- the capacity to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- good communication skills
- the willingness to take up research & campaign work in accordance with the aims and principles of Citizens Advice
- the willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as and when required to meet service needs
- the flexibility to work from different locations
A Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded here: Generalist Adviser JD PS
Closing date for Applications: 10.00am on Tuesday 25 February 2020
Interviews to be held on: week starting Monday 2rd March 2020
How to apply:
To apply, please send us your CV together with a Personal Statement explaining how you meet each of the points in the Person Specification (no more than 2 A4 sides).
CV and Personal Statement must be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: We can only respond to successful applicants. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, pension contribution, and training and opportunities to continue your professional development.
We consider applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.
Brentford & Chiswick
Hounslow Civic Centre
Research and Campaign
The problems that affect you affect all of us. We campaign to influence policymakers in order to bring about changes to unfair laws and policies, for a better society.More here...